Have you been captivated by this 16-year old phenom like the rest of Canada has?
So far: 1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze with the chance of adding another medal tomorrow night. She could be our most decorated Olympian and she could have at least another 2 Olympic games to compete in. The future is now for Swim Canada.
Here are the PO symptoms:
- tight shoulders from urging Penny in her swim events
- sore jaw from smiling so much
- hoarse throat from yelling her name. With apologies to Sheldon Cooper, this is our Penny
- tired eyes, because you cannot get enough of her performance
- bouncing feet from jumping up and down
- sore knees from standing at attention during our national anthem
When she touched the wall, we waited with her. Held our collective breath and watched her slowly turn around. GOLD!!!
I vote for her to be our flag-bearer during the closing ceremonies.