Boost Your Metabolism
Whether you’re looking to lose weight, increase energy, reduce cravings, improve mood, or manage blood sugar levels, focusing on boosting your metabolism is the key to optimizing your success.
Your metabolism is responsible for managing how your body uses energy. Ideally, your metabolism provides a steady stream of energy throughout the day and stores just enough reserve for emergency use (in the form of glycogen or fat).
When your body is fuelled properly, your metabolism runs like a well-oiled machine. However, when neglected, your metabolism starts to mismanage your energy. A malfunctioning metabolism often leads to excess weight gain, low energy during the day, poor sleep, high stress, and possibly other metabolic conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
Not to worry, just as the metabolism responded to “poor fuel” choices, a few simple changes can have it back up and running smoothly again. Maintaining a healthy metabolism allows you to look and feel your best.
5 Metabolism Boosting Tips to Compete Daily
- Sleep 7 hours every night. Studies have shown that 6.5-8 hours of sleep every night is essential for balancing your hormones and metabolism. Keeping a regular sleep routines with the same sleep and wake times allows your body to operate optimally.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water. Water is required for our metabolism to perform the necessary reactions to create energy from carbs, fats and protein. Just like if we are missing key nutrients, if we are low on water, our metabolism can stall. Water is also important for daily detox by flushing out any toxins.
- Drink 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (with mother) in a small amount of water before each meal. Apple cider vinegar helps to get your digestive enzymes flowing to help with nutrient absorption. It may also boost your metabolic rate leading to increased fat loss.
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). 20-30 minutes of HIIT revs up your metabolism for a long term boost along with balancing hormones, such as improving insulin sensitivity. Also enjoy a boost of endorphins and dopamine to increase mood and motivation.
- Protein at every meal (and snacks). Crush cravings and weight gain by keeping a steady blood sugar level all day long. Consuming clean proteins every time you eat is the secret to well balanced blood sugar levels. Remember, this includes snacks as well.
For a comprehensive and personalized metabolic reset plan, book an appointment with Active Healing Centre’s Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Holly or ask about the new Healthy & Active Metabolic Program NOW AVAILABLE at the Active Healing Centre.
What is the Healthy & Active Metabolic Program?
Healthy & Active is an individualized nutrition plan based on your unique metabolic profile.
A comprehensive analysis of key blood markers, health history and current goals allows us to formulate a custom nutrition program tailored to your needs. The Healthy & Active program focuses of balancing your metabolism for long term health benefits. The Program is 3 phases (Preparation, Reset and Stabilizing) to allow for a complete metabolism reset.